Cozumel is a beautiful island off the coast of Mexico, known for its stunning beaches, clear waters, and thriving coral reefs. And the water is always clear, unlike Tulum and Playa Del Carmen during Sargassum Season.
No matter what your interests are, there's sure to be something for everyone on a day trip to Cozumel Island. On our trip there (We wanted a seaweed-free day by the beach during our two months in Mexico), we went to the most popular beach club on Cozumel, Playa Palancar.
Whether you're a beach bum or an adventure-seeker, here are some must-do's on your Cozumel day trip:
Best things to do on a Day Trip To Cozumel
1. Snorkel at Paraiso Reef - With its crystal clear waters and abundance of vibrant marine life, Paraiso Reef is one of the best spots on Cozumel for snorkeling. This magnificent reef system features a variety of different species, including tropical fish and colorful coral. Don't forget your snorkeling gear when you head out to this popular spot!
2. Visit Playa San Francisco - One of Cozumel's most popular beaches, Playa San Francisco is renowned for its soft white sand and stunning turquoise waters. This beach is perfect for relaxing, swimming, and snorkeling. Don't forget to bring your sunscreen!
3. Explore Chankanaab National Park - Chankanaab National Park is a must-visit for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike. This lush park features a lagoon, botanical gardens, a Mayan village replica, and much more. You can even swim with dolphins at the park's dolphinarium!
4. Rent a buggy and drive around the island. This was probably my favorite thing that we did on our day trip to Cozumel! If you don't want the responsibility of driving and want a professional tour, this Private Buggy tour is the best one you can get and is highly recommended.
5. Go into a real submarine to see a really unique perspective of the sea life. My husband can't swim, so he opted to do this while I hung out at the beach club Playa Palancar (Highly recommended). He raved about his submarine ride for hours. It sounded really cool! He went by a sunken ship, among other things.
There's lots to explore in Cozumel, and you're sure to have a great time no matter what you do.