This recipe is pretty easy and not all that bad. I’m not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies, but my husband on the other hand really enjoys them.
The original recipe came from The Great American Cookie Cookbook.
This is probably one of my favorite cookies, besides regular Chocolate Chip Cookies because they contain peanut butter and chocolate chips!
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 Butter Flavor* CRISCO® Stick or 3/4 cup Butter Flavor CRISCO® all-vegetable shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups quick oats uncooked
- 1 cup 6-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F and place a sheet of foil on the counter for cooling the cookies.
- Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, and 3/4 cup shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs. Beat in peanut butter, corn syrup, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir in oats and chocolate chips with spoon.
- Form dough into 2-inch balls and drop them 3 inches apart on to un-greased baking sheet. You can also use an ice cream scoop or a 1/4-cup measuring cup.
- Bake at 350°F for 11 to 13 minutes or until the cookies start to brown.
- Do not over-bake!
- Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then removed and place on to foil to completely cool.