If you love story time with your children, you may find that they will enjoy it just a little more if you read to them using the Disney Incredebooks. These new books are a fun new way to read traditional printed story books with your kids by bringing their favorite characters to life in 3D using your mobile device through the power of augmented reality technology! How fun is that!
I was recently introduced to two new books that deliver this fun storytelling experience in exchange for letting you, my readers, know all about them. They are now available for the first time this holiday season from Incredebooks and Disney Imagicademy, and they are sold exclusively at Target.
- Olaf Wants a Birthday, featuring Olaf, the lovable snowman from Disney’s Frozen
- Mickey and Donald’s Rhyme Time, starring characters from Disney’s Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
I love that you are not only able to just read the books to your children but that you can also interact with them using the mobile app. It makes reading a fun learning experience where the kids can learn from their favorite Disney characters and other story characters.
During play, children can:
- Take a photo with Olaf or Mickey
- Change viewpoints by zooming in and out — and rotating the 3D story scenes 360 degrees
- Explore four digital experiences reinforcing early language skills
- Tap objects to trigger animations and funny rhymes
- Engage in playful rhyming games and activities
- Find the special symbols on the special book pages.
- Activate the special pages in 3D with your mobile device!
Check out this video that tells you how the app and book work together for a fun story time!
Now available exclusively at Target retail stores across the US and at Target.com (SRP: $14.99), the books, for children ages 3–8, are created by Mercury Connects and published by Mercury InPress, and developed with Disney Imagicademy, a division of Disney Learning.
Follow Mercury Connects and Disney Imagicademy: