I will be honest, I don’t like to really review a product that is just a loaner product. Mostly because it’s not something that I can really spend a lot of time using and testing out since it has to be returned. However, I thought I needed to mention that Samsung has really improved when they went from the Galaxy S3 to the Galaxy S4, at least when it came to the mini.
I recently received the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to try out for a couple of weeks from Verizon Wireless. As soon as I opened the package and saw that it was a Samsung Galaxy I was immediately bummed. I owned the Galaxy S3 and hated it. It had a horrible battery life, even after getting a new battery. It was a major downgrade from the iPhone 4S I had that had a battery that would last days for me as opposed to the Galaxy S3 lasting 6 hours max But then again, maybe it was the difference between having a Verizon phone and a non Verizon phone?
I will admit, I didn’t touch the Galaxy S4 Mini for a few days after I opened the package and set it up. I was working, trying to play catch up, and spending time with my boys. However, when I finally sat down to at least take a good 30 minutes to look at the phone and check out a few features I was surprised. It still had almost all of its battery life left and even though I hadn’t used the phone my Galaxy S3 would have needed to be charged at least once each day even when it wasn’t being used for anything.
I am really a huge fan of the smaller phones, the mini’s, because they are more phone like for me. They fit my hands better. They fit in my pocket better. They are just all around great for me. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the bigger phones for the amount of time I spend on the internet with them but at the same time having everything compact and able to fit in my back pocket is awesome.
The Samsung Galaxy S® 4 mini gives you the renowned Galaxy features you’ve heard about in a phone that’s compact and easy to handle. Watch movies on a vibrant 4.3-inch Super AMOLED™ display. Add filters and easily share your photos and videos with friends and family. Or use this 4G LTE smartphone to control your compatible TV.
I’m not going to go into all kinds of details on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini but I wanted to at least point out some of the top features of the phone.
- Bring content to life on the vibrant 4.3–inch Super AMOLED™ display.
- View, play and send photos and videos between your computer, your phone and other devices that support Samsung Link.
- Use the built–in infrared remote with compatible TVs or set–top boxes. Browse for TV shows by genre or search for them using WatchON™. Receive custom show recommendations based on what you previously watched.
- Instantly share photos, music and more with a friend by tapping your Samsung Galaxy S 4 mini to any Galaxy smartphone that supports S Beam™.
- Capture favorite moments using an 8-megapixel camera with auto focus. Enhance your pictures with built-in filters or use multiple pictures to select the best expression of each person and merge together one image.
You can purchase the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini from Verizon Wireless.
Overall I did like the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. It has a very clear screen, some great built-in apps, obviously I love the fact that it is a mini phone, and it makes me re-think my original opinion on the Samsung Galaxy phones.