I love baking, especially cookies, cakes, and muffins! During the holidays, I tend to do mostly cookies and a pretty good variety of them. I posted recipes for about 15 different kinds of cookies, and a few of them were my concoction. Oatmeal Banana Cookie with Chocolate Chips is one I recently found while searching on Pinterest. Who doesn’t love a good Oatmeal Cookie? Especially when it includes bananas and chocolate chips!
Oatmeal & Banana Cookies with Chocolate Chips
These can be great any time of the year and taste fantastic when they are heated up for about 5-10 seconds in the microwave. Make sure to store them in a tightly sealed container to stay fresh longer.
I’m sure you can adjust this cookie just a little by using cut up strawberries or maybe raisins. I guess it would all depend on what you like more and what combination you want to try.
- 1 and ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup regular granulated sugar
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ¾ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In your mixing bowl, mash the banana and add the egg, oil, brown and granulated sugars, plain yogurt, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the oats, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture onto prepared baking sheets, spacing the dough balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.