If you ever wonder where recipes come from, it’s from people trying new ways of making something. I’m serious! Just a few weeks ago my husband decided he wanted baked potatoes but without turning on the oven. Now, normally we would just toss them in the microwave and be done with it. Nope, not this time. This time he decided he would put them on skewers and grill them with the steaks we were having for dinner that night.
Grilled seasoned potatoes were introduced to our family and they are a hit! We even did up a pretty good size batch of them for the birthday party this past weekend and even the extended family and neighbors enjoyed them.
So, how easy are they to make? Super easy!
- Small golden potatoes
- Salt and/or other desired seasoning s
- Oil or cooking spray
- Skewers; wood or metal
- Wash and cut potatoes into halves.
- Put potatoes onto skewers, coat with oil or cooking spray.
- Season with salt on all sides, add any additional seasoning you may want.
- Place on grill and cook for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
That’s it, just take them off the skewers and enjoy! We like to dip them into sour cream, but they are good without!