If you’ve checked out some of the recipes I’ve made in the past, you’ll notice that I love to combine strawberry and banana into our treats. It doesn’t matter if it is for actual snacks or meals. This is mostly because the combination of these two fruits is incredible. By adding a little something extra like granola or chocolate, can take it to a whole new level. My last dessert that contained strawberries and bananas was the Fruit & Granola Mix and, this time, I’m adding some nice melted chocolate to the mix.
Strawberry and Banana Sticks drizzled with chocolate
- 12 Strawberries give or take based on the size; sliced
- 2 medium/large bananas; sliced
- Wood skewers; depending on how much fruit you put on them you could use 4-6 of them
- Milk Chocolate you can use semi-sweet or bitter chips; melted (or make your own melted chocolate)
- Squeeze bottle
- Parchment paper
- Slice the strawberries and bananas to the desired size you want.
- Place them on the skewers; alternating from strawberry to banana until you have the amount you would like on each skewer.
- Melt your chocolate chips by placing them in a microwave-safe bowl and heating them on medium/high for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and stir. Place into the squeeze bottle. You can also make your own melted chocolate by using cocoa and butter.
- Place the fruit sticks onto parchment paper and drizzle the desired amount of chocolate over your fruit sticks.
You can eat them immediately, or you can place them into the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden onto the fruit.
As with many of my snack recipes, you can use whatever fruits you like the most. If your children like different fruits than you can make each stick different for your children’s liking.