There is something about Peanut Butter Cookies that I really like. It wasn’t until I found a Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookie recipe online that I thought about putting Oatmeal in there!
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
Be sure to store in an airtight container to keep them fresh longer!
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In large bowl mix together shortening, margarine, sugars, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt until completely blended.
- Mix in oats until just combined.
- Drop by the teaspoonful on to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown. Do not over bake.
- Cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes then move to wire rack to cool completely.