Have you ever wanted to give the gift of a particular cookie recipe but not bake the cookies? These make great Christmas gifts, baby shower gifts, or any other type of gift for the person who doesn’t seem to realize how easy it is to make cookies. Putting all the dry ingredients into a mason jar with a tag that has the instructions on how to mix them together for their favorite cookies! This is perfect if you don’t want to give out that particular ingredient.
What you need for this project
- Mason Jar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chip cookies
- Sticky notes or any tag to write the instructions on
- Any decorations you want to put on the jar
Instructions for this project
- Layer the dry ingredients in the jar. You may need to pack them in really well to get them all to fit. They should fit into a quart size mason jar if you pack the flower real good first.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Create an instruction tag. This would include what additional ingredients are needed. For this particular recipe, they will need one teaspoon of vanilla extract, two sticks of softened butter, and two large eggs. Once all ingredients are mixed they will put tablespoon size drops onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes at 375° or until golden brown. I printed out two copies of the directions and placed one over the lid of the mason jar and then stuck one to the side of the jar. You can tie one around the top of the jar or, however, you’d like.
- Decorate the outside of the jar how they’d like. I didn’t get too creative for this one because I didn’t have any real tags to use at this time.