We have a huge egg lover in our house; Xavier just loves eating scrambled eggs. Some days it is all he wants for breakfast, and even lunch and dinner. It isn’t always fun making eggs for a 4-year-old, mostly because of all the dishes that are involved in making them the way he / we likes. You have a plate and utensil for mixing the eggs, then the pan and spatula, then another dish and utensil for eating them. That is where the complementary Egg-Tastic we received in exchange for this post comes into play.
Scrambled Eggs with Egg-Tastic
With the Egg-Tastic, you only need to dirty one dish and a fork or two. With just four easy steps to make your fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Crack up to 4 eggs and LIGHTLY mix with a fork or whisk in the Egg-Tastic™ Egg Cooker. CAUTION: Do NOT fill above the max fill line.
- Optional: Add ingredients to the eggs. CAUTION: The eggs and combined ingredients should NOT exceed the max fill line. If adding ingredients, only use two eggs at a time with mixed ingredients.
- Place the lid on the Egg-tastic™ Egg Cooker and put the Egg-tastic™ Egg Cooker into your microwave. Cook the eggs according to the table below. If additional ingredients were used, more time might be needed. NOTE: After each interval of cooking time, stir the eggs with a fork. Cooking time may vary by the wattage of microwave.
- Remove from microwave using oven mitts or pot holders and enjoy your eggs! CAUTION: The Egg-Tastic™ Egg Cooker will be HOT. Always handle with dry oven mitts or pot holders.
I love that you can make your eggs with additional items; cheese, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, you name it. It is perfect for making eggs for one person, and you only have to worry about a little clean-up.
Making eggs for Xavier hasn’t been so easy, and I do have to say that they do come out much better than just making the scrambled eggs in a bowl using the microwave!
Thaddeus wasn’t as enthused as Xavier was about the eggs made with Egg-Tastic, he didn’t like that the egg whites found their way away from the egg yolks and left little spots of nothing but cooked egg whites. For whatever reason, the boy loves eggs, just not egg whites. I don’t blame him, I like the yolk too but sometimes the eggs just separate.
- 1/4 Cup Cheese Swiss, Monterey Jack, Cheddar
- 1/3 Cup Green and Red Peppers
- 2 Eggs
- Dice cheese into chunks approximately 1/4" in size. Measure 1/4 cup and set aside.
- Slice green and red peppers approximately 1/4" and dice into square shaped chunks. Place 1/3 cup of mixed peppers into the Egg-Tastic™ Egg Cooker.
- Crack 2 eggs directly into the Egg-Tastic™ Egg Cooker. Stir with fork until egg whites and yolks are thoroughly mixed with chopped peppers. Put the lid on the Egg-Tastic™ Egg Cooker, place in microwave and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove Egg-Tastic™ Egg Cooker from microwave with oven mitts. Remove cover and mix contents with a fork. Place back in microwave and repeat this process until eggs reach the fluffy consistency that suites your taste.
- When eggs are cooked to your liking, stir in cheese, recover and let stand on counter for 10 -20 seconds until cheese is melted. Transfer to plate, salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Recipes, cleaning, etc. for the Egg-Tastic.