This year we decided to do some DIY Crafts by making our own Christmas Tree Bulbs, some for our tree and some for our family members. They are super easy to do and you get all the items from your local super stores and craft stores.
What You Need
- Clear Christmas Bulbs
- Glitter in Christmas colors
- Ornament Glitter Adhesive
- Candy Cane Pipe-Cleaners or other material to use to hang ornament bulbs
- Christmas Glitter Shapes
- First thing you need to do is to clean the bulbs, inside and out, and allow to completely dry.
- Take a small amount of the adhesive and slowly rotate the bulb until the entire bulb has a thin coating over the entire surface.
- Poor about a 1/2 teaspoon of glitter into the bulb and slowly rotate until entire bulb is covered with the glitter. You may need to add more until the bulb is covered. If you add too much you can poor the extra out either back into the glitter container or into a bowl to use in another bulb. You can also use multiple colors of glitter or the Christmas glitter shapes along with the regular glitter.
- Allow the adhesive to dry completely to keep the glitter in place.
- Replace the ornament top and take a pipe-cleaner and use it for having by folding the pipe-cleaner in half, slide the pipe-cleaner through the hook hole and twist the two sides together about 1-2″ from the ends.
- Hang on your tree or wrap them as gifts to your loved ones.
Thaddeus and I made about 12 bulbs in about 30 minutes or so. If you decide to write something on to the finished Christmas Bulbs you can use Metallic Markers or other crafting markers.