I love chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate. So when I saw the recipe for chocolate cookie dough I knew I would make a cookie that I wanted but had yet found a recipe for. Although these turned out pretty darn good, I’d probably use caramel chips next time.
- Chocolate Cookie Dough*
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Double Chocolate Caramel Cookies
- Previously made Chocolate Cookie Dough
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 caramels chopped or use caramel chips
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl at high-speed until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mixing well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and caramel chunks.
- Drop dough about golf ball size onto baking sheet(s).
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes. Cool 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet and then move to foil sheets to completely cool.
*Chocolate Cookie Dough recipe came from: The Great American Cookie Cookbook page 552.