I made some ooey gooey snack treats that I thought would be a hit with Thaddeus. I’m not a huge fan of marshmallows, however the rest of the family seems to really enjoy these.
The original recipe came from The Great American Cookie Cookbook.
- 44 Honey Maid Honey Graham squares (2 sleeves)
- 3 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 (10-oz) package marshmallows
- ¾ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (recipe calls for miniature I used regular size)
- Break grahams into bit-size pieces and set aside.
- Heat margarine or butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until fully melted.
- Stir broken grahams into the marshmallow mixture and coat evenly. Spread the mixture into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Press lightly with greased hands (optional - I did not do this part).
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes before cutting into squares.