I made some ooey gooey snack treats that I thought would be a hit with Thaddeus. I’m not a huge fan of marshmallows, however the rest of the family seems to really enjoy these.
The original recipe came from The Great American Cookie Cookbook.
- 44 Honey Maid Honey Graham squares 2 sleeves
- 3 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 10-oz package marshmallows
- 3/4 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips recipe calls for miniature I used regular size
- Break grahams into bit-size pieces and set aside.
- Heat margarine or butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until fully melted.
- Stir broken grahams into the marshmallow mixture and coat evenly. Spread the mixture into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Press lightly with greased hands (optional - I did not do this part).
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
Preparation time is 15 minutes, cook time is 20 minutes, and chill time is 20 minutes. 55 minutes total time.