I always love making snacks that don’t require being baked and I love them more when they are super delicious! You can even adjust these to make them a more healthy granola bar type snack treat for your kids.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups uncooked quick oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla; mix well
- Stir in oats and cook over low heat 2-3 minutes or until ingredients are well blended.
- Press half of the mixture into prepared baking pan using the back of a large spoon to spread the mixture evenly.
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt the chocolate chips, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Pour mixture over oat mixture in baking pan and spread evenly with knife or back of spoon.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing down gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature and cut bars
Bars can be frozen; let thaw for about 10 minutes or more before serving.